Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Adventure

Hi everyone!

Now that the summer edition of Creative Scrapbooker has hit the news stands, I am thrilled to share that the girls from Wild Whisper Designs had me create a mixed media layout for them, to go in the magazine's promo about them.  (They made the "Must Have List" ....Page 87... way to go Suzy and Heather!!!)

The paper collection that was being featured was "Adventure" and that title lead me to the picture that I used.... one of my son climbing in the Rocky Mountains with his wife, Liana.  I am terrified of heights and this picture makes me shiver, but I am in awe of the excitement and fun they share on their hiking trips together.


I used many products from Wild Whisper Designs' online store, as well as some of Finnabair's Art Ingredients, and I will list them at the end of the post.

There was lots of distressing, misting, painting, gluing, as I made this... but rather than go through and explain all the steps, I took many photos so you could see up close what I did, and all the layers and dimension that are on this page.  Just click on the photos and they will enlarge on your screen.

  I would like to add, that Wild Whisper Designs' paper is so thick and strong, that I didn't need to back it with anything and there was a LOT of gluing and misting!  
One sheet held it all!


One of my favorite parts of this layout is all of the beautiful chunky pieces of birch bark that I used to embellish it with.  I snagged them from Michael and Liana's pile of firewood one afternoon and trotted home as happy as a dog with a bone!


To glue all this heavy stuff on, I used Finnibair's Heavy Body Gel, and it was incredible.  Everything is stuck on there good and tight.  

Because Wild Whisper Designs is using this layout as part of their travelling display right now, I also painted everything with a heavy coat of 3D Matte Gel to keep the stones, etc from coming loose, and it has worked like a charm!  

Can't say enough good things about these two products... they won't let you down if you need something to stay STUCK and it's flexible at the same time!


That awesome bear was cut from one of the Adventure Journaling Cards.


The pinecones were also from Wild Whisper... very intricate laser cut wood.  They're unfortunately sold out now.  (I'm telling you, you have to snag things off their site ASAP, they're so popular!)


To keep the layout organic and earthy, I used burlap and fish netting as trims.


Another peek at the bear .... LOVED him!


Did I mention Wild Whisper also carries fabulous embossing powders by Emerald Creek???


Did you happen to notice he only has a rusted chain to hang onto???  
This mother is averting her eyes!


Yup, there we are... right there... page 87!  Thank you to Creative Scrapbooking for this opportunity.  

If you haven't picked up your issue yet.... you need to .... it is jammed packed with fabulous art from front to back... and lots of tutorials and good info too!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Linda

Supplies Used:
Emerald Creek Embossing Powder - Verdigris Sparkle and Charred Gold
I created all the ferns with Spellbinders Ferns Etched Dies
Various sprays from Lindy's Stamp Gang that I had on hand.










No comments:

Post a Comment